Hard to believe the Olympics ended yesterday. It seemed so long ago that Vancouver won the Olympic bid and here I am, already suffering from POD (post Olympic depression). I would have loved to have gone down to Vancouver during the games but had to settle for watching them on our brand new 40 inch flat screen TV. We renovated the rec room this fall and I figured a big screen TV would look just perfect in there. Of course, we then had to get High Definition but to me, it is definitely worth it. I had a hard time following the puck on the ice with our old TV, even with my glasses on.
I'm sure you will notice a hockey theme throughout this blog. I have finally found something I am passionate about and who would have thought it would be hockey! The US-Canada gold medal game yesterday was fantastic (but I may not have thought so if the outcome had been different.) After the US tied it up with 24 seconds left in the game, I got a little worried but I had faith that Canada would prevail. I am a big fan of Duncan Keith who is from Penticton and played Jr. hockey here for a couple of years. Tim didn't think he would make it to the NHL because he is on the small side but I always thought he would go far and now he is one of the best defense men in the NHL.
Life on the orchard is busy, especially with the warm weather we have been having. Tim is almost finished pruning all the fruit trees and was busy with his bees this past weekend. Now we just have to take all the prunings to the landfill. I don't know why I say "we" have to take all the prunings to the landfill, Tim does 90% of all the work. I give him encouragement and moral support.
Work at the library is going okay. I'm wishing I would have stayed part time but too late now. There are some things about my job I definitely don't like but in all, I enjoy most of it. I just wish I had more spare time. Between training for the 10 km Sun Run in Vancouver in May and playing hockey twice a week, I'm finding it hard to find time to get the housework and the laundry done.
Speaking of hockey, I scored my
I have a 5 km run coming up this Sunday and the following weekend I am playing in a hockey tournament in Princeton. If someone had told me a few years ago that I would be running and playing hockey, I would have laughed, because at that time I never thought it would be possible. Now that I am active and healthy, there are so many things that are possible in my life and I have started a list of all the things I want to do. When I get to cross something off that list, I'll let you know.
Thanks for the update, it is great to read. We will look forward to the next additions. The hockey sounds great and good luck with the upcoming runs
ReplyDeleteMark
way to go laurie looking great tell Tim his honey is all gone ( a while ago & itwas very good ) just take care in your training for that run dont over do it Love uncle fred & aunt betty
ReplyDelete