After years of hinting for a Garmin GPS watch for Christmas or my birthday and not getting one (that makes me sound kind of selfish), I finally went out and purchased one for myself. However, I must say Tim did look into one for Christmas last year but he could only find the super duper really expensive ones. I love gadgets and anything that helps motivate me to be active is in my opinion, a good thing. It tracks my route, distance, time, pace/speed, heart rate, elevation change and I can upload it to my computer and display it on a map and make really cool graphs. I can even export the information and view it on Google Earth.
This map is from biking last Thursday.
Total distance - 17.22 km.
Total Time - 1:22:29.
Moving Time - 1:03:39.
Elevation gain - 36 m.
Elevation loss - 113 m.
Calories - 609.
Average moving speed - 16.2 km/hr.
Maximum speed - 33.5 km/hr.
Last week was bike to work week and I was captain of the Library team. Our team was very small - 3 of us rode our bikes but we did have a few people use alternate forms of transportation (walk). Of course these people don't own vehicles or are too young to drive, but I still counted them towards our totals for the week. We didn't win any big prizes but one woman did win a gel bike seat. I am very proud to say that I rode my bike to work every day and home 4 days. I didn't ride home Thursday night because I work until 9 p.m. and I figured that was a good enough excuse not to have to ride home. They had "celebration stations" set up around town every morning with free coffee and muffins for the bikers and I made it to every one, even though some of them were not convenient to my work and it was raining 3 mornings out of 5. It's amazing what I will do for a free cup of coffee. In total last week I rode 92.11 km and burned 3,416 calories.
I'm going to have the house to myself this weekend. Tim is going to a queen rearing course in Williams Lake leaving me to be farmer for the weekend. He is so excited about this course and I am concerned that he will come home on Sunday with news that he is going to quit his job and be a full time beekeeper and farmer. If that is the case, he'd better hope he wins the lottery on Saturday night. I don't have any big plans for the weekend. Tonight Lisa and I are going out for Indian food and then to a movie, farmer's market tomorrow and then on Sunday I have a picnic to go to for a coworker who is leaving us to go live in Regina (what is he thinking??)
I'm going to have the house to myself this weekend. Tim is going to a queen rearing course in Williams Lake leaving me to be farmer for the weekend. He is so excited about this course and I am concerned that he will come home on Sunday with news that he is going to quit his job and be a full time beekeeper and farmer. If that is the case, he'd better hope he wins the lottery on Saturday night. I don't have any big plans for the weekend. Tonight Lisa and I are going out for Indian food and then to a movie, farmer's market tomorrow and then on Sunday I have a picnic to go to for a coworker who is leaving us to go live in Regina (what is he thinking??)
I don't think there is anything selfish about wanting one! Especially if it is going go help you stay motivated.
ReplyDeletelol, I would go out of my way for free coffee too :)