Today is my last day of work for 2 weeks. I will be taking a 2 week vacation to Moab, Utah to do some mountain biking, canoeing and hiking. I actually quite excited about this trip, I think the scenery will be absolutely incredible and I'm going to treat it as a boot camp. I am going to ride hard, hike hard and paddle hard and hopefully lose the last 2.4 pounds I need to get to goal.
We are leaving Sunday morning (so I won't miss my hockey game Saturday night!) and will drive until we can't drive anymore (for me that would be a couple of hours - gee I'm getting more like how my dad was everyday!). Tim will be able to drive for much longer and we hope to make it past Boise, Idaho for the first night. The next night should land us in Moab. We'll stay overnight in a motel and then go find a campsite for the Tuesday and Wednesday night. We're looking at staying at Dead Horse Point State Park and are hoping to do a couple of days biking/hiking before the big canoe trip. There are so many trails to choose from - it is a little overwhelming to choose but we're thinking of doing Klondike Bluffs, and Dead Horse Point and then there is the MOAB brand trails that look interesting. For hiking, there are some trails in Arches National Park and in Canyonlands National Park.From Friday to Monday we are going on a canoe trip down the Colorado River. (Meander Canyon) We get dropped off and then picked up on Monday morning. It doesn't matter how far we go, we get picked up wherever we are so there is no pressure to get somewhere for a specific time. This will give us time to explore some of the hikes and little rivers along the way. By the time we get back on Monday, we will just want to find a hotel to sleep and clean up all our canoeing stuff.
We have to leave Thursday so that only leaves us Tuesday and Wednesday to do more hiking and biking. If I got to plan the whole trip, I would have made the canoe trip shorter and did more biking, but I'm not the only person on this vacation.
We leave on Thursday because we have to be in Cranbrook,BC by Friday night to attend the BC Honey Producers Association Conference. What a perfect way to end our vacation. (according to Tim.) We will be staying with a former coworker of Tim's and I hope to do some biking while Tim is at the conference.
Notice what isn't on our trip agenda? I'm going to the US for 2 weeks and what aren't we doing? That's right...shopping. There is no way I was going to miss shopping while we are there so I had to come up with a plan to fit that in. On Thursday we are going to have to drive, drive, drive to make it to Missoula, Montana and that leaves us about 4 hours from Cranbrook. That way we can spend Friday morning shopping and I think the stores open pretty early there. I want to hit Target, Ross Dress for Less and perhaps WalMart. Unfortunately there are no outlet malls in the area so I will just have to make do.

When I get back, I'll hopefully have some great stories and pictures to post!

When I get back, I'll hopefully have some great stories and pictures to post!
Sounds like a fantastic trip Laurie. Have a wonderful time. Can't wait for the pictures.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear of your adventures!
ReplyDelete