Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tim's New Aorta - Pictures

The surgeon left Tim with a sample of the graft that was used to repair his aorta.




The surgeon repaired from right below the renal arteries (arteries to the kidneys) down to where the aorta splits into the iliac arteries in the pelvis. I'm not really sure how long that is but I do know how long his incision is (quite long - 39 staples). The nurse changed the dressing yesterday afternoon and he is going to have quite the souvenir when this is all finished.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you got to spend time with Tim today and I hope he is starting to feel better.

    (HUGS)

    I will say a little prayer to have the Canucks win on Saturday for Tim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad they were able to repair. Pretty soon he will be back chasing your around hiking trails :)

    ReplyDelete