Saturday, July 30, 2011

Surgery Update

It has been almost 9 weeks since Tim's surgery (which I find very hard to believe) and his recovery has been remarkable. I would say he is pretty much back to normal except that he still isn't able to lift anything heavy. He still takes naps during the day (oh wait a minute, he did that before surgery!) and he doesn't have the strength and stamina he did before but I am sure that in time, he will back to his old self (which I hope because I am getting tired of hauling those heavy loads!) I'm only kidding there, I have been more than okay with having to carry the weight while he hasn't been able to.

But I haven't been carrying it alone. So many people have helped out and we owe a huge thank you to so many.

  • Lorrie for driving Lisa to the hospital that afternoon so I could spend more time with Tim.

  • Harald, David, Glenn, Lorrie, Linda, Glenda and Eric for their hospital visits. Your visits meant a lot and really helped get him through the long hospital days.

  • Glenda for picking up Tim's parents at the airport. That was a huge help to me.

  • David for keeping Tim company while I was with Glenda picking up Tim's mom and dad.

  • Glenn for cutting all our grass (and doing a way better job than Tim!)

  • Tavis, Glory and Cam for all the time spent helping with the bees. I think the bees were Tim's biggest concern and you have certainly taken very good care of them. A thank you also goes to Jeremy for his bee help.

  • Eric, Glenda, Sue, Keith, Steve, Angela, Noah, Glory and the tree-fruit project for picking and pitting cherries (especially Eric who spent an entire day out in the hot sun picking bucket after bucket after bucket of cherries.)

  • Mom and Dad, Mark, Tammy and Jade. All the things you did are too numerous to mention and I don't know how to put in words what your being here meant to us. Mark and Jade, without you Tim would have not been able to go on his annual GST trip and I think that trip made a huge difference in his recovery. I couldn't believe how much he had progressed in just those 5 days away. A special thank you to Tammy for keeping me company during that week (and cooking my delicious suppers and cleaning my house.) You are one amazing woman and I am very glad you are my sister-in-law.

  • Frank - For being such a support for Lisa. Both Tim and I are very glad you are a part of our family. A special thanks for the Canucks water bottles!

  • Thank you to my family and friends (everyone at work, Val, Glenda, Lorrie, Sue) for their love and support. Your phone calls and e-mails were such a boost in my day.
But my biggest thank you goes to my daughter Lisa who was absolutely amazing through all of this. At times I was a complete wreck and she was there with a hug and just the right thing to say. Her presence and all her help was invaluable to us and this experience has shown me what a beautiful strong woman she is and I have no doubt that she will be an excellent mom. If we had to live through this situation again, the only thing I would change is I would buy the Glee CDs on the first day of driving to Kelowna, not the last. We could have had hours more listening pleasure!

(I am sure I have forgotten others and I apologize if I have missed someone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment