
Most people who just meet me now have no idea I used to weigh over 300 lbs and then there are people who I have known for quite a while who will pass me on the street because they don't recognize me. Some days I don't recognize myself and still think I am that miserable 300+ lady and then I'll catch a glimpse of myself as I'm walking past a store window or mirror and wonder who the heck she is. I don't like looking at old pictures but that is who I was (and vow never to be again) and it is important to remind myself once in a while of how far I have come and how much my life is changed.
I guess I don't have to tell you which is the before picture and which is the after picture! I'm not sure when the "before" picture was taken. Lisa looks to be around 11 or 12 so that is 8-9 years ago. I just know that I sure look (and was) miserable. The "after" picture was taken this past August.
Do you find that people treat you differently because you've lost weight? My biggest fear is that people are going to act different. I don't want people acting a certain way because of my size.
ReplyDeleteI would have to say no. I think because I have lost it so gradually, people didn't see a dramatic change. There are some people who I only see once in a while and they are quite surprised but I wouldn't say they treat me any differently. However, I worry that people expect more from me but I think it is more that I expect more from myself and am projecting it on to others.
ReplyDelete