I don't lead a very exciting life which translates into not having much to write about. Maybe others feel I live an exciting life but the truth is, I live a very hum drum existence.
I looked over March 2010's posts and I could simply copy and paste for 2011. I did the same things last March that I did this March. Hockey tournament in Princeton, 5k run. At least I am consistent.
I beat my time last year for the 5k run, not by much, but all I wanted to do was be faster this year and I was. This year was 34:47 (last year was 35:23).

In case you don't recognize me, I'm the one in the light blue. This was at near the beginning of the race.
This is just before the finish line - looking a little worse for wear. Tim came down for the end of the race and brought his camera. I had no idea he was coming and it was just by chance I was looking in his direction. If I had known he was taking my picture, I would have tried to not have such a pained expression on my face. Boy, do I look old. However, there is nothing I can do about that!
Last night was my last Saturday night hockey in Summerland. We played against the guys (Tim included.) It was girls vs guys, normally we mix the teams up a bit but I think our coach wanted the girls to get more experience playing as a team. I started as a forward (my usual position) but got moved to defense where I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. But you know what, I really enjoyed it. My defense partner was great support and helped me a lot with respect to where I should be on the ice. I hesitated about playing defense in the past because I don't know what I'm doing and wasn't confident in my skating ability to be able to go from forward to backward quickly and be able to skate backwards fast enough. It was a lot of fun last night, even with that big goon pushing me all over the ice. That big goon also got a couple of penalties. I don't think they were real penalties, I just think the coach wanted one less guy on the ice to even things up a bit. There is still hockey in West Kelowna for the next 3 Sundays and I'm in a tournament at the end of the month, but then that's it until fall. I'll have to start working on my off-ice conditioning!
With the time change today I am running a bit behind. I have a lot I want to get done today and an hour less to do it in. However, it isn't like I am going to get everything on my list accomplished anyhow. I have a bunch of books to donate to the library and some clothes and household stuff for big brothers and sisters. I've had the stuff sitting around the house in boxes for a couple of months and I guess Tim is getting a little tired of seeing it.
Oh, and there is a big clearance sale at WalMart in West Kelowna so I am planning on going early to hockey and checking out the bargains. If only I played hockey as well as I shopped!
"Maybe others feel I live an exciting life ..."
ReplyDelete<--one of the "others" :)